Tasks within TAO
- In the TAO main menu select Settings (the gears) -> LTI consumers.
- Set the label for instance to IMS, the key and the secret to any value.
- Click on Create.
- Open Deliveries and select LTI. This creates a URL in the Launch URL field.
- Go back to your newly created LTI consumer and paste the URL in the Callback URL field.
Tasks on the LTI emulator
- Open the IMS LTI Tool Consumer emulator.
- Complete the Registration settings with the values from your LTI consumer.
- Add the role Learner in User Data > Roles.
If you need to add custom parameters check Display optional parameters and fill in your parameters, using the following syntax:
proctored=<true | false> max_attempts=<integer> theme=<string theme_id>
Certain extensions may have there own configuration options.
Eventually click on Save data, then on Launch TP.
Act as a Proctor
The LTI Proctoring extension makes the proctoring interface available via LTI
The endpoint (Launch URL) for this service to proctor a specific delivery is:
This can be auto-generated for the test taker experience using the LTI button in the deliveries section in the TAO admin user-interface. If using this method you will have to manually update the path to target proctoring.
Alternatively all deliveries can be proctored by omitting the delivery parameter
The expected role of the proctor is:
urn:lti:role:ims/lis/TeachingAssistant, which means you need to set User Data > Roles to TeachingAssistant
Running Client Diagnostics as a Proctor
- Set the Launch URL to
- Set User Data > Roles to TeachingAssistant